Quant program links
- Upcoming events:
- Consulting and Finance Career Expo, Sep 7, 2018, 11a-3p, at Michigan League.
- SWE/TBP Career Fair, Sep 17-18, 2018, 10a-4p, on North Campus at Duderstadt Center
- Fall Job & Internship Fair, Sep 25-26, 2018, at Michigan League.
- Friday Morning Workshops
- Websites to search for jobs and internships:
Search for keywords like derivatives, derivatives, quantitative, credit risk. If you have your profile filled in, you can tell at a glance whether they are willing to sponsor. Watch out for expiration
- LinkedIn: Can use key phrases, and filter on experience level (e.g. internship).
- Company websites. Many (most?) companies have a careers page that links to a list of open positions, similar to this one from Goldman.
- eFinancialCareers.com has lots of jobs, but can be difficult to find suitable matches.
- Websites to research job and job search process:
- glassdoor.com provides ratings by employees,
and you can often find information about the hiring process, including interview questions.
- Sign up for The Muse website, and take some time to peruse the articles. This will give you insight into how to get employed at US firms.
- Does a company sponsor? How often? Where? For what roles? Find out at myvisajobs.com.
- Company websites. If you are applying to Goldman, for example, learn what you can from their website. Subscribe to their news feed if possible. And beware: not all companies represent real opportunities.
- Cover letters, interviews, general advice, etc:
- Where are they now? A review of financial engineering graduates of Michigan.
- Agenda for the August Boot camp.
The background animation is Monte Carlo simulations of Brownian motion, written in p5.